News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

time for new rub rail ( among a lot of other stuff ) which is best choice ?

Started by hockeyfool, April 10, 2011, 10:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hockeyfool

hi guys -- I'm MIke ,AKA Hockeyfool, and I appreciate all that already I have benefited from this great  association.
Now, I am here again in hopes of getting good advice on more repair purchases, and the right product choice/source;
rubrail ! what do you guys think is best for my 81' old version ?  mine is splitting apart , and not holding over the desk/hull seam very well.

skip1930

I think this rub rail is a common product found in the West Marine catalog. Mine is held on to the hull and deck seam by the factory installed double sided sticky tape.

skip.

Billy

I was talking to Rich Hutchins at the St. Pete boat show about this and he mentioned there is a new plastic rubrail that he recomended. I would call the factory and ask for pricing on this.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

brackish

I agree with Billy, check with Hutchins.  Go on their site and look at the 23/IV picture gallery to see what it looks like.  It's PVC with a stainless steel striker plate, tough and looks good.  The Hutchins option may come pre cut for the 23 which would make installation easier.