a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Stern Rail/Pulpit

Started by sawyer, April 29, 2005, 07:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawyer

Has anyone had experience or know of stern rails on a CP-16, pros and cons both.   I want to mount a long narrow 32w solar panel up over the motor mounts.       Thanks,                            Doug

Craig

Don't have them, but Com-Pac sells them. Rather than one rail Com-Pac sells a set of two that allows the tiller to be completely raised. I'm sure they would give you the measurements you need to determine if what they sell would hold your solar panel.

Craig

Gil Weiss

My wife and I thought that the stern rails and side postrs and cables that connect to the bow rail  look great. I think they sell for around $ 500 from Hutchins.  They give the boat a "big boat" look, but after thinking about it we decided they might get in the way. So far after two years of sailing our CP16 we haven't seen a need for them.

I have a 5 W Solar Panel velcroed to my fordeck. Works great keeping an 18 amp hour Gell Cell charged. I run a radio, CD player and lights from this battery.

Craig Weis

I stuck my solar panel over my foward hatch, since we don't stand on the hatch...do we?
skip.

sawyer

WOW, $500 for rails, a chunk of change.  I think I will work something else out, maybe a flexible panel from unisolar the size of the doghouse cover. That would be under the sail shade quite a bit however, and I was trying not to buy another panel.   Thanks for replies.
Doug