a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

How do I revise my Classified listing?

Started by GeorgeBoley, April 29, 2005, 10:31:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeBoley

I want to add a photo that I have resized, and add a website to contact.

:oops: GREAT SITE!! I cant believe that no one has told me about this site in the last TWO YEARS!!

Craig Weis

That is a good question. I wanted to revise the same and could not figure that out either. skip.

crbakdesign

Hello George,

I believe the problem you are having is quite simple. We have a group of sites that are not linked via our passwords and user ID's. The Forum, Gallery and Classified section each have their own user verification. You appear to have registered and logged onto the Classified which is the only way you could have posted an ad.  You will still have to register for the forum.  And the Photo gallery is also separate. This is good software, but from different sources that were knitted together by a very good sailor who is now busy getting ready to sail around the globe in a somewhat bigger yacht.  

I can't help you with the Classified section, but if you have registered here, let me know your userID as you registered, and I will check to see if we can fix it.

Please bear with us and enjoy the site.

Clemens

GeorgeBoley

I only have 14 days left, so I would appreciate if YOU could revise my listing on my Sun Cat, and drop the price from $19,500 to $17,500.  Also, please add "I will deliver up to 1,000 miles."  My username is GeorgeBoley :cry: :cry:

Craig Weis

George as long as it says GUEST under your name in the left hand side of any forum or post you'll not be able to do much 'cept a post.

I'd start over with http://www.com-pacowners.com and log in as per all the 'fill-in-the-blank stuff.

Check your profile, make a sign-off thing. Mine is the 2 address' at the end of each post aka [attach signatures]. That ought to be checked. Also check Notify me when reply is posted. All others ought to be NOT checked.

My log in is just skip with my password. It is not my e~mail address. That is in the fill out the blank stuff, prior to becoming active here. Don't give up. skip. OHhhhhhhh and hit preview to check or read and re do. Each redo in followed by a click on the preview. When happy with what you typed hit submit. If you double post the same message, simply click one of the posts and deleate. The message will ask if you want to deleate, click yes.

CaptK

George -

I fixed the ad for you, both price and the 1,000 mile delivery.

Regarding you not knowing about the site, I posted a lot about it at the TSBB - you must not have seen those posts. Also, several of your fellow Cat sailors (like Jim B and Bruce (ex)) know about it - funny you never saw a reference.

Anyway, all is OK now I believe. Also, Curtis and Clemens are Admins at the Classies now, and can add/change content.

Also, a User who posts an ad there should be able to edit the ad on their own, but you must login first, and also keep in mind that capitalization and punctuation of username/passwd must be *exactly* the same as what you put in when registering. (Example: If you sign up with username "Zaphod", then try to login by typing "zaphod", it won't work. You have to do it exactly like you did when registering.)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...