a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Sun Cat Sea Trials

Started by Osprey, March 07, 2011, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Osprey

Well, I've had my SunCat for over a week and the time has come to see if she will float. The reason for taking so long is I've been busy making upgrades to the boat. Most of the changes I've made are the result of things I learned from this site. I plan on leaving early in the morning for Carribelle, where I plan on launching at the new county ramp. If things go as planned I'll be staying on the boat at anchor in the Carebelle river  for a couple of days and doing my sea trials on St. George Sound around Dog Island. I'll let y'all know how things go.

Terry

Glenn Basore

Terry,

I think she will be the prettiest girl at the dance!

Sounds like a fun outing.................may be you can post some pictures and a few lines to go along with them.

Have a good time................

I'm waiting for warmer days!

Glenn

Bob23

Terry:
   Beautiful boat! Keep us posted about the sea trials...sounds like a nice "honeymoon" and the start of a great marraige!
Bob23

Osprey

Well, as they say "the best layed plans...". I decided to postpone my trip to Carrabelle. I received an e-mail from my sailing buddy this morning. He has a condo at Carrabelle who was planning on sailing with me, but the weather report wasn't good, with winds blowing out of the Southeast at 12 to 18 knots. It's an hour and half drive for me, so I decided that I would hold off and see how the winds are this afternoon. If they subside a bit I may jus drive over to Lake Seminole and do a day sail instead. The drive to the lake only takes 35 minutes. I sure was looking forward to trying my installation of my new auto pilot. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

Terry

Tom Ray

Did you pull the rudder horn to get inside and do that autopilot installation, or did you get to it through the hatch?

Osprey

Tom, good question. I figured out how to get all the way in the hatch. The first time I did it, I wasn't sure that I could get back out! I have to get in just the right way and then turn around to be able to get to the back side of the bracket. I'm 5'!0" I think if I was a inch taller I'd have to use Vaseline!

Terry

Tom Ray

Hmmm... I'm 6' but very skinny, and they say you shrink as you age so maybe I'm not even 6' any more.

Wait a minute! I have neighbor kids who like to fish in my pond! Problem solved!

Shawn

Nice looking boat. I have the combo of the tillerpilot and cansail tillerlock too. They compliment each other well.

Have fun!

Shawn

Bob23

Does that tiller lock work as good as it looks? Where can on be purchased?

Bob23

Shawn

Bob,

Yes, they work very well and are solidly built. I have mine about 1/3 of the way up the tiller and just have the line tied to the stanchions.

http://www.cansail.com/

Shawn

Osprey

Thanks for all the replies, I'm still waiting for a good weather day to make a test run.

Terry