a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Suncat Gathering

Started by cavie, December 27, 2010, 10:44:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavie

Any SW Suncaters about?? Informal get together in Upper Charlotte Harbor on Friday Morning!!! 4 so far.

Tom Ray

capt_nemo

Had so much fun sailing "Frisky" in company with other local SunCats that I'm ready to do it again soon!

cavie

I'm thinking of a plan the Multi-hullers used to do. Mabey they still do.  We would meet at the same desinaged marker in the harbor every two weeks on Saturday mornings. Race would start on GPS time, say 10:00am. Course would be the same each time. Usually a triangle around fixed marks. You would start in the same direction eachn time. upwind, downwind whatever wind. End of race would be the entrance to Fisherman's village Where we would have lunch and tell lies.  You would keep your own time. Winner buys a round of beer!!!!!:):)

capt_nemo

Sounds like a pretty good idea to start with. Might want to coordinate via e-mail considering weather and any other uncontrollable factors. Anyone interested in overnite cruises - with fires on the beach, your favorite libation in hand, swapp'in tall tales of near death sailing adventures and daring do???

Tom Ray

Can you make a 10 am start on time, Butch? ;)

CaptRon28

The Charlotte Harbor Multihull Associaton is running its informal races on Thursday now - with starts aroound noon. The course is usually markers 2-1-7-8-2. You'd probably want to shorten that somewhat. The Punta Gorda Sailing Club is also doing an informal "tune-up" race on Saturdays, with starts at noon to 1 PM for anyone in the harbor who wants to race (no club affiliation required). Course varies somewhat, but 2-1-7-8-2 is sometimes used depending on the wind. Both of these can be fun. As you described - it's the "honor" system where the boats start together and use gps time at finish for informal scoring.

I'd bring my Horizon and join in, but the boat lives in NJ now.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Tom Ray

kickingbug1

for those in the frozen north ---thanks for the video
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

Bob23

From one of the frozen northerners...I felt warmer just watching it! Thanks!!
Bob23 with a fresh 5 inches on the ground and 31.7 degrees F.