a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Lake Havasu..........

Started by Glenn Basore, January 25, 2011, 05:22:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Basore

I will be attending this event in February and thought some of you might enjoy this link..........

http://sailhavasu.com/index.html

There are a couple of videos on this link so look around

Enjoy,

Glenn

Suncat a Lula

Will you be sailing a Compac on Lake Havasu?  I plan on attending when I get moved back to California.  Will either be sailing a Compac 19xl or a Suncat, whichever one I decide to keep.

Glenn Basore

I will be sailing my Com Pac Eclipse............

When are you moving back to California and where abouts ?

I'm in Southern Calif, "Castaic" which is about 40 miles north of Los Angles.

I usually sail out of Ventura Calif.

May be we could sail together some time or even start a Calif Com Pac group!

Glenn

Suncat a Lula

I live in Northern California on Clear Lake, but only in the summer.  I sail the ICW while I am in Florida, which is now.  Heading for Lake Dora for a 3 day trial overnighter on my Suncat.  The gathering of Compacs in California could be interesting.  There were some sold there by Tradewinds Sailing Center in Sacramento.  I suppose there were some sold in Southern California also.  Keep in touch; my e-mail address is baldeghi@gmail.com.

newt

Thank you guys for showing this. I can't make it in 11 but plan on it in 12. It sounds like a blast.!!

HideAway

That sounds like a lot of fun -- I wish it were closer to us.   M
SV HideAway Compac 23 Hull #2
Largo, Florida
http://www.youtube.com/SVHideAway
http://svhideaway.blogspot.com/

Glenn Basore

Hey Sun Cat,

I think I remember chatting with you before about sailing together

There were some sail boats sold out of San Diego Yacht Club or at least one Eclipse I know of.

I would like to meet and sail with you when your out here.

As to Lake Havasu, I just had emergency surgery over the week end and am recovering at home. I had to cancel out on this as of now not feeling to well.
I also have several doctors appointments I must keep in the next two weeks..........

Glenn

Suncat a Lula

Sorry to about your surgery and having to miss the Lake Havasu get-together.  We will look forward to sailing together there in the future.

Anyway, we don't get to Socal that often; never with our boat.  Sailing for us is almost entirely in the northern part of California.  Will trailer to Lake Havasu in the future, but only on the week of festiviites.  Usually way too crowded for us!  Also, don't like the area in the extreme summer heat.

Am not sure what Compac I will consider my only sailboat.  My Suncat, which is in Florida right now is preferred over my Compac 19xl, which is in California.  I suspect eventually I will be selling the 19.  My 19 is one of the last 4 boats made;  it has a centerboard which gives the boat much better windward ability.  Of course, this means trailering my Suncat back to California.

Keep in touch;  my e-mail is baldeghi@gmail.com.  This might be a better media.