a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP23 Trailer Suppliers

Started by dman535, August 10, 2010, 09:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman535

Who are the current/popular suppliers for CP23 trailers? I see a few good looking boats popping up online that don't have a trailer and am curious what it would cost to buy one new.

My dad had a Triad trailer made for his Dana - very nice trailer but very expensive.

Billy

my 19 is on a performance trailer. But they went out of business a few years back. I know that now Com-Pac is using Magic-tilt for the 19s and smaller. not sure if they make one big enough for a 23. The 19s only have a single axle.
1983 Com-Pac 19 I hull number 35 -no name-

CaptRon28

My 2007 Horizon has a Magic Tilt under it. Nice trailer, well built as compared to some others. They didn't really cut many corners, with brakes on all 4 wheels, etc. Only thing I had to put in was the totally waterproof LED tail-lights. Too many problems backing incondecent bulbs into salt water. The Venture under my 2,000 pound heavier Telstar came thru with brakes only on one axle. After one year I had to rip what was left of them off and install 4 wheel brakes (discs) and LED's. I'm sure that Magic Tilt builds heavier trailers that will hold the 23. Note that mine is rated at about 6,500 pounds. If you're buying new and plan on salt water, I'd seriously consider ordering disc brakes and galvalized construction. Aluminum will cause a significant increase in the price.

Just about any boat trailer company will build something for the 23. It might be cheaper to find one built locally (e.g. Road-Kings are built in California and that's another well built trailer - had one on a Catalina 250). Magic Tilt is in the Tampa area. I'd even talk to Venture in Maryland but ask for some upgrades.

Note that any well built trailer properly equipped will not be cheap, but shop around.
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

brackish

http://www.trailnsail.com/

When I was looking and needed a quote went to these folks.  Can't remember, but think the quote was maybe a little less than Performance.  Ended up buying a boat that had a Performance.  Factories in Florida and North Carolina.

shepmoon

Hi, Check these guys out in Georgia.
I bought a 23d without a trailer and had these guys make me a galvanized double axle trailer with extendable tongue, bow ladder and electric brakes for $3575.00. Great trailer and they have many dimensions in stock plans.