a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Word doc with pictures?

Started by brackish, December 03, 2010, 07:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brackish

Is it possible to copy a word document into a post that already has pictures as part of the document?  I have a long document on my mast raising system that I would like to post in the articles section.  Several people have asked for it and I have trouble emailing it probably because of the file size.

In my initial test attempt, the text shows up but the pics do not.

Tim Gardner

Quote from: brackish on December 03, 2010, 07:12:08 AM
Is it possible to copy a word document into a post that already has pictures as part of the document?  I have a long document on my mast raising system that I would like to post in the articles section.  Several people have asked for it and I have trouble emailing it probably because of the file size.

In my initial test attempt, the text shows up but the pics do not.

Brack,

If you adobe acrobat you can do it easily by printing the document to acrobat to create a PDF file. Then , in acrobat, hit file, save as, and choose "jpg" to save a "picture file" of your document.

Then upload it to your photo sharing site, & post to the board.

If you don't have acrobat, email the document file to me and I'll convert it for you.

regards, TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

brackish

Thanks Tim,

It's done (see article section) however came out kind of small with a lot of space wasting.  It saved as a .jpg a page at a time and I had to load it here that way from my picture host.