News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1984 compac 23 pot gaskets & screens source?

Started by fried fish, November 06, 2010, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fried fish

For our wonderful 84' 23, we need a source for porthole gaskets and screens. Hutchins no longer has these items available. Any leads?
-Fred-

David

See BOAT AND HARDWARE MODIFICATIONS on the forum  http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=3715.0 
This was for a 19, but it may help you.  I also remember a thread in the past few months on this subject but cannot remember the correct title for search.  I also think Skip may have posted something on this.  He was a real source of information.  I think he must have only slept 4 hours a day to gain all the common knowledge he has stored above his shoulders.

breeze

Fred, I have a 1982 with the round ports. I replaced the gaskets with Perko Portlight Weather Stripping
part number 0461, Perko.com is there web address
hope this helps
David

Bob23

Fred:
  I used the same Perko gasket that David used...worked great. But I tracked further leaks down to the seal between the glass itself and the metal frame. I found a local guy who makes nothing but rubber gaskets and seals. He made 'em for me for about a buck a piece. Let me know if you need these, maybe I can get some more.
  The resealing project took a morning. First, I removed all the opening frames, (sashes in construction lingo) then with 2 small screwdrivers I removed the large metal c-ring that holds the glass tight to the frame. Cleaning everything up with the wire wheel and bronze cleaner, inserted the gasket, then the glass and popped the c-ring back in. 5 out of 6 don't leak a drop but that port side forward one is being a bit stubborn.
  Bob23