Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Screen insert needed

Started by Allure2sail, September 22, 2010, 12:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allure2sail

Hi everyone:
I am looking for a screen insert for the oval ports (the smaller ones) for a 27/2. Might also be the same item used on a 25 or 23. I will buy outright or perhaps swap for something you might need off my parts boat (1987 27/2). I sold two of the ports out of it and could only find one screen for the buyer.
Thanks in advance...
Bruce

cavie

Hutchins has them. Just bought 2 for my Suncat. $20.00 ea.

LConrad

This probably does not apply, but it might be good to be sure of whhat you have. For some reason, my previous owner replaced all of the portlights with larger ones. It took two orders and returns and photograph exchanges before we figured it out. My relacements were from New Found Metals and not original Com-Pac.

Allure2sail

Interesting reply.....when I pulled out the portholes out of the parts boat it became apparent to me that they were from two different suppliers. Even though both boats are the same year. Some had ABI cast into them and others did not. I had mixed up the oval plates that goes on the outside and had to check the hole patterns against the flange patterns one by one until I found the the matching pattern and all the screws would slip thru. Then I marked them as a pair. I would suspect they were drilled with a jig fixture of some type and not done on a CNC machine. I honestly can not say which ports came out of which boat anymore because they all were sent to the glass beading shop at the same time and came back all mixed up....thus my dilemma of having to matching them back up. Perhaps the non ABI portholes were made by "New Found Metals" as well. I didn't think the screen would be that inexpensive brand new...I'll tell the guy to call Hutchins for the missing screen. I will say that even though there are subtle difference in the ports from the two suppliers the screen appear to be interchangeable, perhaps the inside shape where the screen fits in is the same profile on both. I have not tried the screens on the large ports yet.....perhaps I'm in for more fun (those I have a full set of four).