a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Picnic Cat delights

Started by Jim Fynes, April 21, 2005, 09:35:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Fynes

I've had the boat now for 5 months. Had her out numerous times and each was a grand experience. Still getting aquainted but getting used to the fact that this is a "BIG" small boat.  The boat single hands easily but is even more enjoyable with some company and their weight forward, which increases stability. The passengers are extremely comfortable seated forward with a huge backrest and feet on the floor. They are out of the way and don't need to shift much for balance, and nothing to bother their heads.  Very stable sailing while I remain comfortably seated in a deep cockpit with legroom and a backrest. She works easily windward, effortless tacking, lots of overhead boom clearance. Downwind she just scoots along at about 5 mph.  One manageable sail and one control line, what could be easier.  Sailing in 15 to 25 mph winds the boat definetely needed to be reefed, once that was accomplished she was very manageable.  I feel I can sail her in out and around anything.  I have only needed to motor back to the dock once when there was no wind at all. All other times I sailed right back up to the dock and nudged her gently to a stop... and she is a delight to the eye.

Windhawk

I was at the dealer last night commisioning my new 23, and he had a picnic cat in the driveway getting final prep for delivery on Saturday.  I gotta' agree with you, they're sharp looking little boats that appear to be able to stand up to a blow.  Enjoy.