Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP 16 Upgrade New Sail Request and National Sails Response

Started by lostsailor101, August 20, 2010, 02:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostsailor101

Greetings all,

I have a very nice 87 CP 16II listed for sale in the classifieds on this site. If she doesn't find a new home In the next few weeks I will proceed with a few winter upgrades, which includes new sails, and furling gear. After reading many post on the subject of new sails I requested a quote from National Sails, they were very quick to respond. I thought I would share their response with the group. If anyone has ideas on further questions or details I should consider please post up. Sorry for the long post.

My email: Hi Dirk,

My name is Michael I am currently on deployment in South West Asia, returning home in Nov. I have a Com-Pac 16 Mark II and would like to upgrade with a new set of sails.
I have read on the Com-Pac website where you have made several sets of sails for the owners and they are very happy with your work. So my questions follow.

Can you use past measurements to build me a set of sails?

The sails I would like to get are
1. full batten loose footed main with 2 reef points.
2. 110% working jib, on a furling with uv strip
3. asymmetrical spinnaker, with turtle bag.

I do not have a furler on the boat at this time , but would like to install a CDI FF1.
There is also a bow pulpit on the boat. I have attached a picture just in case it might help.
If possible could you give me an approximant price  and lead time for this work....

Thanks for your help....

National Sails Response which only took a few hours:

Michael,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding new sails for your Com-Pac 16-2. Pricing is as follows:

Fully battened mainsail - 5oz Dacron. Loose footed with 2 reefs - $449

110% roller furling jib - 5oz Dacron, Sunbrella UV protection on leech and foot in your choice of color - $265

CDI FF1 furling system - $398

Asymmetrical spinnaker - .75oz nylon, tri-radial cut in up to 3 colors - $285

Turtle bag - $80

Sails come standard with leech lines with cleats, tell tales and sail bags. Standard delivery time is 3 to 5 weeks from confirmation of order.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you would like to discuss further details.

Good sailing,
Dirk Sharland
National Sail Supply, LLC (Rolly Tasker Sails, Florida)
26092 Withrow Rd
Brooksville, FL 34601
1-800-611-3823
fax 813-200-1385
from outside of US 352-540-9101 www.nationalsail.com

chrisolavitch

I also recently purchased a new main for "Soulshine", a 1976 Com-pac 16.  Dirk was the first to respond of the three companies I contacted.  All were contacted the same day.  One responded two weeks later!  By that time my new sail was almost done!  Dirk was great to deal with.  The sail was perfect.  He deserves the business!  He wasn't even the cheapest but I'm glad I he got my money!  The early bird catches the worm!  Vote with your wallet.

bungyjumper

Thank you for sharing these experiences. I'll probably need to contact them in the near future.

GlennB724

can't say enough good things about Dirk and National sails.

Got a new full bat main, (probably should have gone loose footed, but didn't), a roller furling 150 Genny, new forrest green sail cover and tiller cover, Matches the uv shield on the Genny, (and my new hull color painted season before last).  Got a quote on an asym spinnaker, (am adding a retractable bowsprit extension for it), but he had a drifter as a left over in stock which matched my dimensions perfectly, so I snatched it up, (even though the light blue isn't the best color scheme, lol).  All in all, my little lady is now outfitted in a wardrobe befitting her.

Prices WAY less than anyone else... with be absolute best service.