a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

installing lazy jacks on my 23

Started by aogoodrum, September 06, 2010, 02:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aogoodrum

I have the Harken instruction manual for their 252 Lazy Jack Kit & have looked at the numbers very close.  I'm about ready to make a set of Lazy Jacks to install on my Com Pac 23. 
Has anyone done this & if so could you post the height you placed the mast tang, & the length of the cable with the pulley from the tang to the control lines.  If I can get those dimensions I can construct the rest of the Lazy Jack system.

Hope this explains what I need.

newt

I had a set of lazy jacks on my 23 when I got her. I took them off! Not enough sail to worry about I thought. Interested to see what you think.

Bob23

I also bought a set of Lazy Jacks for my 23 but, leaning toward simplicity, sold them here at the site. I have no problem dropping my sail myself the good old manual method. I'm not trying to talk you out of Jacks for you boat, by the way. I just wasn't interested, that's all.
   Usually, the dimensions are on the instructions. Best of luck,
Bob23

LConrad

My used 23 came with the Harken lazy jacks still in the box.  I installed them using the dimensions in the instruction manual. They work pretty well. Once adjusted correctly, they allow me to eliminate the topping lift. I have the original main sail with partial battens, so they sometimes want to get caught in the jacks while raising the sail with a puff of wind from the side. No problem raising the sail head to wind.