Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Ida sailor rudder delivery time ???

Started by lostsailor101, September 27, 2010, 04:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostsailor101

Hi all,

I was wondering how long it took for delivery on your Ida sailor rudders. I placed an order back on the 3rd of this month (9/03/2010) and when I log onto their site, the message I get tells me "In Production" no estimate on a completion date.  I have emailed them twice and have yet to get a reply back. Just wondering if 4 weeks or more is a standard lead time, from Ida Sailor.

Good news...I have received a partial order form Dirk at National sail, new fully batten loose footed main, 110% jib, CDI furling gear, now I am waiting for my (custom graphic) spinnaker.

Thanks

Tim F

My new rudder arrived today. I ordered it August 6th.

I hope to put it on and try it out this coming weekend.

-Tim

lostsailor101

OK update to my own question. I did receive a nice email tonight from Joel. He said  "I can let you know that we're still waiting
for our Unifoil A sized stainless steel rudderheads to come back from our electropolishing vendor". It is the only process they
contract out, due to EPA laws and such other requirements. The order should be complete and in the mail next week.  I do
appreciate his email, I just wanted to ensure that my order did not fall through the cracks.

TimF good luck with your new rudder, let us know how you like it.

SMOKEY

I just got my CP 16 rudder last week. It took 10 weeks from order to delivery. I tried calling and emailing to no avail. three days before my rudder arrived I called again. the employee who answered was really nice and explained that they had moved their factory to smaller and more efficient quarters. this move had taken several weeks and had slowed production, and made phone and email very slow. they are now up and running and my rudder, which he had just finished, arrived 3 days later in perfect condition. enjoy the fall sailing. I just put seahawk in the garage as it starts snowing here any day.
smokey

lostsailor101

Ida Sailor rudder was delivered 10/19 ...so that's about 6 weeks from when i first placed the order, it's all good though, looking forward to next spring...