a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Trade SUN CAT for CP19 (maybe)

Started by Desi, March 20, 2010, 10:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desi

I MAY BE  interested in trading my SUN CAT for a COM-PAC 19.  Willing to trade up or down for the proper boat.  Hey I love the SUN CAT  but I have a slip at the marina now and the EASY-TO-TRAILER aspect is no longer important.   My wife likes the life-lines ( which the SUN CAT don't have ).

I am in Minnesota.  The boat is still in winter storage. I will get some pics when it warms up.

I am not interested in an outrite sale.  I don't want to be boatless.

Offers anybody?

baldeghi

I have a 2002 Compac 19xl;  one of the last 4 built, which has a centerboard within the keel, just like the Suncat.  What you want to do is just what I want to do, but my boat is located in California.  I own a 2004 Suncat, which is located in Florida.  What year is the Suncat, and how would you describe the condition?  Anxious to see posted pics!  My e-mail is baldeghi@gmail.com should you wish to confer personally.
Brian

Potcake boy

Desi,

I have a 2002 19 that I will be parting with very soon.  As nice as the Suncat is, it just doesn't fit into my needs as a cruising boat so a trade wouldn't work for me.

If you'd be interested let me know.

Good luck in any case.

Ron
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

Suncat a Lula

Do you still have your Suncat?  My Compac 19xl is still ready for trading for a Suncat.  I am located in Northern California
;  you are in Minnesota?  If  interested perhaps we can make something work.

Desi

Quote from: Suncat a Lula on July 15, 2010, 12:37:36 PM
Do you still have your Suncat?  My Compac 19xl is still ready for trading for a Suncat.  I am located in Northern California
;  you are in Minnesota?  If  interested perhaps we can make something work.

I am in Minnesota.  I have decided to keep the SunCat until fall and look for a CP19 over the winter.
We don't sail in Minnesota in the winter.  The water is too hard.