a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

maiden voyage

Started by payperboy, June 22, 2010, 10:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

payperboy

Finally was able to get the boat out on the water and sailed. Bought my 81 c16 a couple of months ago just did not have time to get it in until today. Took me awhile to figure out how to put the mast up almost gave up glad i did'nt.  I never sailed before this was my first time and it was a blast. I only used the mainsail and there was not much wind yet i was still able to take it across the lake then back to the dock several times. I am so glad i bought the right boat it is unbelievable how it sails with little effort. However i still have a great deal to learn.  Was able to bring it right to the dock people on shore could not believe it was firwst time sailing. Since i had so much fun i going again tommorow might even try the genoa as well.

BobK

Sounds like you had a great first sail.  The good news is after 56 years of sailing it is still so much fun I look forward to going out again tomorrow.  Tomorrow the genoa, the next time maby a little more wind - sailing is always a learning experience that has yet to loose its glamor for me.
With the way you just went out and did it I'm sure you will enjoy sailing for a long time.  You did pick the right boat a CP16 to jump in and learn on.  It can be challanging but forgiving if you make a mistake.
Fair winds.
BobK