Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Outboard Leash

Started by Tim F, June 09, 2010, 03:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim F

Hi All,

My CP16/3 has a small (5/16") hole in the transom above the motor bracket as shown below. I have no idea what the hole is for but it looks factory made to me. I need to fill it or use it for something. I was thinking about putting a eye bolt in (with a backing plate) and using it as an attachment point for a motor leash. I'm currently using the port cleat for the motor leash but that is awkward. Anyone know what that hole would have been for and weather my idea is good or not?

Thanks.

-Tim

BobK

Tim,
I have had 2-CP16's and neither had a hole where yours is.  With proper backing I see no reason why you couldn't use it for a motor leash. 

Bob23

Tim:
   This is odd: My 1985 23/2 has a giant galvanized eye bolt exactly where you describe yours.  A few years ago I posted a question here at the site about it and no one had a clue. Maybe your boat and mine were joined at the hip during birth!
Bob23
(ps: I use the eye bolt to hold up the fuel line to the motor. Overkill, yes.)

nies

I drilled  a hole like the one in your boat for the gas line to exit the rear hatch, keep  the tank in the rear hatch.................the gas line is threaded through the hole and then a connector is reattached to hose for connecting to motor.......have a connector on 3 gallon tank so the tank can removed for filling.........Phil

Tim F

Thanks nies.

My '88 16/3 includes a factory installed fuel line transom pass-through that is just outside of the above picture.

Thanks.

-Tim