a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

suncat rudder

Started by cavie, September 04, 2010, 04:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavie

I found alot of play in my rudder head. What I found was two s-shaped 5/16 bolts and nylon bushings. Are the bolts and bushings OME?

jamato323

Cavie, I just read a discussion about this same subject on the CatBoat forum http://bbs.trailersailor.com/forums/catboat/index.cgi
Are you planning to enter the First Annual SunCat National Regatta in Charlotte Harbor?
Fair winds and gentle ramps.
Paul Scribner
Between Com-pacs
Cape Haze Florida
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward
All sold: ComPac16"Bell", ComPacSuncat "Gatito", ComPacSuncat "Sanura", ComPac25 "Aloha Kai", ComPac19 "Lady in Red"

cavie

You betcha! I can't let tom have that cup. That ain't gonna happen. We hope to have some bi-weekley racing this winter. You gonna come up and join us??? you would make 5.

cavie

Tom Ray tells me the total number of Suncats in Charlotte Harbor this winter will be 7. There just has to be some racin' with that many cats in one place for the winter.

Tom Ray

Well, that's including Paul in Placida, who may not get over to sail the upper harbor with the rest of us all that often. There is one I have not yet met, but know about because the guys at Gulf Island Sails told me that one of the Sun Cats they sold stayed in the area. He's one of those non-internet kind of people, so gisails is getting word of our fleet activities to him the old fashioned way. ;)

In the upper harbor area, we have Joe and Dick in PGI, Craig will be in a slip at Laishley, you and the new guy on trailers in Port Charlotte, and me out in the woods. If it's a nice day, you're sure to find Joe out there sailing across the wind until he runs out of harbor and then sailing back. He's my hero. If we all do it, is that a race? ;)