Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Horizon Cat with diesel

Started by CaptRon28, February 28, 2010, 09:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamato323

Hi Ron:
The West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron is planning an rendezvous at Cayo Costa (Pelican Bay) this weekend. Many of us are leaving tomorrow from area launch sites and will spend Saturday sailing where the wind takes us. Breaking off on Sunday to get back to work the next day. It would be nice to have you join us.
Paul Scribner
Between Com-pacs
Cape Haze Florida
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward
All sold: ComPac16"Bell", ComPacSuncat "Gatito", ComPacSuncat "Sanura", ComPac25 "Aloha Kai", ComPac19 "Lady in Red"

CaptRon28

Paul -

Sorry, can't make it this weekend. The boat is not in the water yet (hope to launch maybe on Monday) and I've got tickets for the Sebring 12 hour endurance race this Saturday (other hobby is restoring old sports cars). I think the boat has EVERY available option and I'm still checking out the equipment. Found one problem so far - the port side Harken winch has no head on the "top screw" bolt and the drum will come off almost at will. Harken is sending me the parts to fix it for free. If it wasn't for the Sebring race, I'd be tempted to sail the Telstar over there.

I cleaned and oiled the cockpit decking and wheel housing teak today. Good shape, but it lost its golden glow. The rest of the teak has several coats of varnish. I think this boat may have more teak than ALL of the other boats I've ever owned combined. Never a big fan of teak, but it does look good on a cat boat. Boat came with a full Sunbrella cover and that should help keep the wood and red gel coat in decent shape.

Gotta think of a name for it. Current first choice is "Sai-Lynn" (spouse's name) but I'm still lookin. I'm pretty lucky as far as spouses go - it was her idea to buy it (to avoid trailering boats between NJ and FL).

Ron M
Horizon Cat (no name yet), Telstar 28
Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Potcake boy

Quote from: jamato on March 18, 2010, 01:43:33 PM
Hi Ron:
The West Coast Trailer Sailing Squadron is planning an rendezvous at Cayo Costa (Pelican Bay) this weekend. Many of us are leaving tomorrow from area launch sites and will spend Saturday sailing where the wind takes us. Breaking off on Sunday to get back to work the next day. It would be nice to have you join us.

Paul,
I've been hoping to join the WCTSS but for now, I work every weekend.  Maybe some day soon.  Enjoy your sailing and hangin' out with the good guys.

Ron
Ron
Pilot House 23 - GladRags
Punta Gorda Florida

A mouse around the house - but much hotter on the water

CaptRon28

Boat's ready to go in the water. Weather forecast suggests that Tuesday is the launch day. Looking for reasonable wind and no rain. I think I'll really like it, and this is from a multihull sailor who likes to go over 15 knots. Picture below.

Ron M
2007 Horizon Cat (no name), 2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Ron Marcuse
2007 Horizon Cat (no name yet)
2008 Telstar 28 "Tri-Power"

Bob23

Ron:
   She's just beautiful, as only a Compac could be. The Hutchins boys have really captured the classic catboat lines and the plumb bow that Compac is famous for is even more pronounced with this catboat. Up here in NJ, we see a number of catboats around and the Horizon fits right in.
Bob23

jamato323

I agree, Ron, she is a real looker. Fair winds. I had trouble with my Yamaha 4 after launching on Friday and had to bail out on the trip to CC. A real bummer as it is a fantastic
weekend weatherwise here. Varnish is so classy, wish I had the time or energy to do it. I settle for a SeaBrite product similar to Cetol.
Hope Tuesday is a great day for you.
Paul Scribner
Between Com-pacs
Cape Haze Florida
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
William Arthur Ward
All sold: ComPac16"Bell", ComPacSuncat "Gatito", ComPacSuncat "Sanura", ComPac25 "Aloha Kai", ComPac19 "Lady in Red"

Craig Weis

Stopped long enough on a Yamaha 650 motorcycle trip to tour the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, tented on the beach with the ants. And soon the Helios were flying the surf line with load speakers blaring to stay out of the water...SHARKS! I could see the little buggers out there. Great trip. Also stopped at Battle Ship Park in Mobil, Alabama. Impressive. And speaking of impressive I luv's that Horizon Cat. Good score!
Q's. Is that the right anchor to use in your waters? And that far South a Binni top is necessary, and a bikini babe to comfort the burned parts. And a really good hat and sun glasses. Well you know how to be comfortable.

skip.