a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

New Boat

Started by Windhawk, February 08, 2005, 08:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windhawk

Well, I put my down payment on a new 23D on Saturday at the Strictly Sail show in Chicago.  I got the Hull ID# from Rich today, and he says she may be finished by the end of March.  The bank said yes a second time as I had spec'd her out once, but a few more toys were added, the biggest of which was a Jensen stereo that is being used on the Eclipse.  FM/CD/Weather Radio with four speakers (two inside, two in the cockpit).  I think she's hull# 645, but I left it at work, and after working 3 16 hour shifts in Chicago, I'm still recovering; so, don't quote me on that.  I'll get back to you folks... that's a lot of boats.  I am currently what you might cal GEEKED!!!   :D

Craig

Congratulations on the new boat!  I really enjoy going to the Strictly Sail Chicago show, but have not been able to the last few years because of my teenage daughters' swim sectional.  Did you order through Rob Voigt of Great Lakes Sailboat Company?  I met him a few years ago at the SS Chicago show when he was selling WWPs. The next year he started with CP and had the then new Pinic Cats.  I believe it was Richard Hutchins who was there and helped me order an electrical system for my CP 16.

Craig

Windhawk

Thanks.  Yes, I ordered through Rob Voigt at Great Lakes Sailboat Co.  Rich Hutchin's was there as well.  Actually, I'm helping out the GLSC part time haulin' boats, and answering questions at the shows.  It's a lot of fun, and a great way to learn a few things, as well as meet some people.

Besides Mr. Hutchins, I spent a good while talking with Elton Spencer who, with his brother, builds the Rhodes 22.  Another great boat.

BTW, my Hull# is 645, and unless someone can tell me different, she's going to be historic in the sense that she'll have the first factory installed stereo system...  :wink: