a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Time of Day?

Started by TMcD, August 02, 2004, 09:48:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMcD

Kurt, unless I am really messed up, the time of day displayed on the bulletin board and the messages seems to be off by a bunch, even allowing for the GMT correction.   :?   Not a big deal, but maybe something you could look into sometime after you've taken care of the twenty-seven things in your life more important than this.  :)

Tom

CaptK

Yep, I noticed that, and tried to fix it via the functions of this software, but it apparently is a setting passed on from the server, so the problem runs deeper. I'll try to get it set right before too long. :)

Thanks Tom!

Kurt
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

CaptK

Okay - there is a timesetting I can set as Admin for the whole board, but there is *also* a time you can set in your profile.

I set the proper offset in my own profile, and now it is showing properly for me, here (SC).

:oops:

Does this work for ya'll, to show the proper time? Or do I still need to adjust the board time to account for Daylight Savings? Right now I have the board time set at GMT -4, which I think is called EDT for the east coast, Daylight Savings time?

I'm so confused, all the times... :)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

TMcD

Yes, it's exactly right now, at least for me in the EDT zone.  Thanks.

Craig Weis

Chicago, Illinois, USA is -6 in relation to GMT
Click on your profile at the bottom find the time thingy and scoot around until you find your proper time. Click on the proper time and at the bottom hit [click] "submit". It works I just did it. :shock: