- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Selecting binoculars

Started by HenryC, November 07, 2009, 09:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

curtisv

Quote from: tmolik on March 02, 2010, 02:43:12 PM
I liked your cover..
What kind of compass have you mounted on your starborad bulkhead ???
thanks
tom

Tom,

I'm not sure who this is directed to.  My compass is on the starboard bulkhead and visible in a few photos and it is a Saturn.  The light is good enough at night but could be better.  The compass cover is plastic with velcro and comes off too easily but usually stays on when on the mooring to keep the compass from fading.  Otherwise, it seems to point north when I'm headed north as far as I can tell, which means its inexpensive and does the job.  There is a little intrusion in the cabin.  So far no leaks.

Curtis

If its this photo, at high res you can see Saturn, my heading is about 195M, and there is an antique off my bow in the distance.

I have a GPS and knotlog/depth on the port side and that did leak, but I think I have that leak fixed at this point.  My cockpit needed a bit of cleaning when I completed the mount and took this photo.

Some of that Conway Hardwood teak went into the mount.
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

Craig Weis

Great picture. Why do you have two boom vangs?
Compass is a Saturn same one I have only in white on the portside and it is mounted on a teak stand off ring so as not to intrude [read cut a hole] into the cabin bulkhead of my XL fiberglass liner.

C&J is waiting for the show to start and was tied to a barge for the Door County Maritime Boat Show a few years ago.  I'm flying my decorative flags for the show.

curtisv~Go back 'Modify message' of your post and re-post the bottom picture please. Just curious.
There is no picture, just a box with a red X in it under the first picture of your post...what is #2?

skip.

Bob23

Looks like a boom kicker inside the boom vang, Skipper. That is an interesting boat next to yours, Skip.
Bob23

curtisv

Quote from: skip on March 14, 2010, 11:50:25 AM
Great picture. Why do you have two boom vangs?

curtisv~Go back 'Modify message' of your post and re-post the bottom picture please. Just curious.

skip.

One is the boom vang and the other is the boomkicker.  I prefer the bookkicker to a topping lift but some people have pointed out that it makes for an expensive topping lift.

I think that should answer it without reposting the picture.  Bob23 already picked that up.

btw- I consider the vang essential.  Off the wind and down wind the boom rides up without it.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access