a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

03 suncat up for sale

Started by patch, January 03, 2010, 07:56:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sun17cat

I had a Scott before purchasing the Sun Cat and I can tell you they are totally different. The Scott IS fast but you can not divert your attention or you may find yourself in the water, but they are fairly stable for that type of boat . They basically have to be trailer sailed since there if no drainage above the water line and I found that to limit the times I wanted to sail. Both are great boats they just serve a different purpose.

Shawn

"They basically have to be trailer sailed since there if no drainage above the water line and I found that to limit the times I wanted to sail."

I trailer sailed mine as well but to use it on a mooring/dock you just need a boom tent that goes to the seats. The water will drain from the seats.

When I took mine up to a lake in NH for a few days at a time it stayed in the water and I just put a tarp over the boom tied off front/rear and that kept the water out.

Shawn

Suncat a Lula

Tom (and other Suncats),
The Central Florida Yacht Club (all sailors) will host the Clemens Cup this coming March 13/14 at Hickory Point on Lake Harris.  This is a great lake for sailing with several nice places to overnite on your Suncat. (Which we will be doing.)  The following month (April 10/11) the Mount Dora Yacht Club in conjunction with the Lake Eustis Sailing Club will host racing on Lake Dora, with all festivities taking place at the Gilbert Park in Mount Dora.  Had poor winds last year, but still had a great time!  Would love to see at least 3 Suncats show up to these two events, so wouldn't have to race handicap!  Hope you can make it;  if you know of any Suncats in the area, please let them know.
Brian

tmolik

Quote from: Suncat a Lula on January 11, 2010, 08:24:42 PM
Tom (and other Suncats),
The Central Florida Yacht Club (all sailors) will host the Clemens Cup this coming March 13/14 at Hickory Point on Lake Harris.  This is a great lake for sailing with several nice places to overnite on your Suncat. (Which we will be doing.)  The following month (April 10/11) the Mount Dora Yacht Club in conjunction with the Lake Eustis Sailing Club will host racing on Lake Dora, with all festivities taking place at the Gilbert Park in Mount Dora.  Had poor winds last year, but still had a great time!  Would love to see at least 3 Suncats show up to these two events, so wouldn't have to race handicap!  Hope you can make it;  if you know of any Suncats in the area, please let them know.
Brian
Brian...
thanks
I won't have to stay overnight, we live in Clermont.
I haven't raced since 1980. Didn't like it much, perhaps I'll Try again.
It's on my schedule, I'll check the site.

thanks again

regards
Tom