a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

original price

Started by kickingbug1, October 16, 2009, 09:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kickingbug1

i sail a cp16-1, an 81 model, and im just curious if anyone knows what the boat listed for when it was new.
oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

nies

APPROX. $4100 W/TRAILER AND DEPENDING ON DELIVERY CHARGES ...............NIES

kickingbug1

oday 14 daysailor, chrysler musketeer cat, chrysler mutineer, com-pac 16-1 "kicknbug" renamed "audrey j", catalina capri 18 "audrey j"

NateD

According to an inflation calculator, http://www.westegg.com/inflation/, that would be about $9,600 to 2008 dollars. Pretty comparable to the base price on the Legacy.

kickingbug1

again thanks for the info and comments from all. i would think that in this fragile economy a savy sailor would want a trailerable keel boat like a cp16. i can pretty much sail mine anywhere i can trailer it. the thing fits easily in my garage and rigs in about 25 minutes.  you can get all the fun and challenge of sailing for a relatively small investment. her only drawback is that she doesnt point that well----a small trade-off for a cruising boat. the best $1600 i have ever spent.

Craig Weis

All I know is that one never pays too much but buys too soon.
skip.

mikew

Yes- I bought a 1981 Compac 16 with trailer from the factory at Clearwater, Fla. ( new) for $4,000.
    Sold it, life happened- and about ten years ago I bought another CP16 -1983 model which I
    still have.
    You are right, nothing can compare to it.
    Mike