a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

DEPTH SOUNDERS

Started by nies, October 27, 2009, 04:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nies

AFTER REVIEWING THE INFO ON OUR WEB SITE, DECIDED ON THE UNIDEN(IN HULL) QT206WHP. IN CHECKING SPEC. I NOTICED  THE HUMMINBIRD HDR610 HAD ALMOST THE SAME SPEC. AND WORDING. HUMMINBIRD IN HULL IS SLIGHTLY CHEAPER AND EASIER TO ORDER. HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HUMMINBIRD?.....I JUST WANT TO GET THE RIGHT SOUNDER, ANY INFO WOULD BE APPREICATED........NIES

Craig Weis

My dockmate Steve had a Hummingbird on his C-P 19, Wind Rover, when he bought it. It has never worked despite everybody dinking around with it. Steve still has it on board and hooked up but replaced the Hummingbird unit with something having a 'scope' like this. Steve also has radar from the same outfit, a Furuno. A bit overkill to say the least, and not what skip would have done. Too much battery power used up.

Depth Sounder (Echo Sounder)

skip.

Craig Weis

Skip uses a
Raymarine ST40 Bidata ThruHull System. Unit has worked faultless for 3733 natical miles over the years.

Description:
Compact in size and design, yet big on performance and features, ST40 Bidata gives you all the information power of the individual ST40 Speed and ST40 Depth units, simultaneously displayed via bold 7-segment 27mm and 17mm digits displays. ST40 Bidata makes an ideal repeater for a chart table or second steering station displaying data from any SeaTalk Speed/Log and Depth unit as well as from a master Bidata unit. ST40 Bidata System (Depth and Speed Log)with valox plastic thru-hull transducer for inboard powerboats and sailing vessels

ST40 Bidata provides independently selectable speed and distance units, shallow alarms and resettable minimum depth memory, deep and shallow anchor alarms and water temperature information. As with all ST40 displays, ST40 Bidata has extra large digits and razor sharp LCD displays for outstanding visibility in all light conditions. Fully compatible with SeaTalk, ST40 Bidata offers a choice of snap-on bezels in three different finishes for surface and bracket mounting option.