Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

A CP sailor needs your good thoughts/prayers

Started by CaptK, February 08, 2005, 08:36:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptK

All -

Larry Bracken, a long time CP owner (currently has a 23 and a 16) went in for an angioplasty yesterday, and found out the not-so-great news that he needs to have a quadruple bypass, and soon. He goes in late this week for the operation.

I've known Larry since I first started hanging around CP owners on the internet, and he has always been one of the nicest, most helpful guys around. He loves his boat, and he loves to talk all things sailing. While saddened to hear that he needs this extensive of an operation, I know also that there is no better place in the world to get the medical care he needs. I wanted to post here and ask y'all a favor, and this is it:

Join me in keeping Larry in our thoughts and prayers, in hopes of a successful surgery and a quick and complete recovery.

Thanks, that's all, and I appreciate it. :)

Kurt
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Craig Weis

I too will add my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Larry Braken.

Being down south Larry is going to enter the sailing season sooner than I will. Let us hope that some of his buddies float his boat and have her fitted out, THEN, and this is the important part, GO SAILING WITH LARRY, for I can think of no better cure for what ailes you than to go sailing on your boat with friends.

Before my Father past away at 84 years of age, my Dad and his highschool buddy, Warren Pattensen...Warren's son Jon and me...took Warren's red hulled Rhodes 19 [keeled] for a ride.

The same boat that Warren's son now owns and sails. The very same boat that I was a spinnaker man on in highschool when we raced "Capt Jon" out of Belmont Harbor, Chicago every Saturday and Sunday.

These two old sods just loved the ride, ex~Navy and ex~CoastGuard WWll vets. Why they even drank a few beers together. :wink:

Saddly now both sailors have gone to where they never run out of water.

Very proud of these felows, skip.