Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Boatstuff I got for Christmas

Started by Bruce Woods, December 26, 2004, 10:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce Woods

Here's what I got:

a. coaster that is flat, but stretches to fit a drink...
b. Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure (it's a real product!)
c. Dogs playing Poker Calendar (okay,not boat related, but still a fun gift! I love those paintings...and they aren't all on velvet!)
d. Watched Cat Ballou with son, renamed my boat Cat Ballou; okay, I gave the movie to teenage son so we could enjoy it together; that enjoyment was a great present to receive!

Earlier, on my birthday, I got the power thruster (cause it will also protect my rudder from my inadvertance....that would be another good boat name....) and soon will have the Breeze Booster, a free standing thingamabob that should fit under my boom (an important point for a Sun Cat, where the mast is so far forward....

So, what did YOU get?

CaptK

:D

A brand spanking new Windex (Tropical Storm Gaston made off with my last one, that scurvy dog...)

A Surefire Nitrolon G2 flashlight. Surefires are lights that SWAT teams and military/spec ops guys use, they are startlingly bright. The one I have is the smallest model, about the size of a standard 2-AA cell flashlight, but 4-6x as bright. The batteries are expensive, but have a 10 year shelf life. It'll be onboard for some limited purposes, and kept handy to toss in the ditch bag if that is ever needed (which, of course, I sure hope isn't).

A Columbia long-sleeve fishing shirt that is SPF-30. I love these shirts - they are comfy, cool, and dry really fast.

A giant (looks like 10-12" diameter) fender from my girlfriends 8 yr old son - needed, as the one big fender I have was "rescued", and so has an indeterminate lifespan left in it. :)

And tho' I'm not positive, it looks like I am "giving" myself a 1966 Pearson Ariel. :mrgreen: I've been looking at those boats for a while, and the price on this one is too good to pass up. It'll take a year or so to get her Bristol (she's been neglected, but not abused), but will be a good project with an excellent end result.
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

Bruce Woods

A new sailboat. cool; not familiar with the one you are talking about. Enjoy though; I hope you will continue your ways of documenting the fixes...they are interesting to read.

Everyone who takes over the site for Com-pac then gets another kind of boat....

Oh, the columbia shirt sounds good too!

Jim Fynes

I was really good this year. First Santa left a new (to me) Picnic Cat in my driveway, on a great trailer. Then after quite a bit of research he ordered a new Honda 2hp, long shaft outboard to be delivered next week.  Now I'm thinking that he will probably have to send a whole bunch of great boat stuff to put in and on it.  I kid you not, this being good really pays off.