a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

One year anniversary...

Started by dhgmco, December 20, 2004, 04:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhgmco

Bought a 1981 23 a year and a half ago. It was in rough shape, but the boat was completely rehabbed inside and out. I have some great pics of the "before" and "after".

The past year I kept the Southern Cross in Palm Harbor, FL until May. I then brought it up to Lake Minnetonka, MN for the summer. One year later, I can say it was worth every penny and all the hours invested. I learned how to sail, spent many glorious weekends living on the boat....met tons of people...and enjoyed the best "raft up" party I have ever seen...26 boats tied up on a floating cocktail party under a full summer moon. MN was great...Boy did I feel smart when those hurricaines hit FL.

It's now 3 degrees below zero in MN right now...and I'm counting the hours until I hop a plane to FL...where a lovely boat is just waiting to get out on the water.

Happy sailing to all of you...I love this Com-Pac 23.

Holiday Cheers,

Don G.

CaptK

Quote from: dhgmcoBoy did I feel smart when those hurricaines hit FL.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Congrats, and Welcome aboard, Don! Looking forward to seeing your project pictures! :)
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

bro t

Hi Don, I feel your pain!  It's -7 F. right now, and I think it'll be close to -20 before sunrise.  My only sailing consolation is plotting to convert my 16 foot tandem kayak into a handy homemade iceboat.  There are a fair and growing number of iceboaters around, the only real issue being ice conditions, as there always seems to be a fair amount of snowdrift, too.  But my real winter passion is nordic skiing, and it's been good for two weeks now, despite the need for more white stuff.  Just remember what the year-rounders tell the summer people:  "If you can't take the winter, you don't deserve the summer."  Actually, changing a starter on one of my tractors tomorrow in the "below the donut" temps could really give a guy Florida envy, please DO NOT post pictures of boats with people swimming and '...wish you were here...', because some days I wish, too!! 8)
bro t. from Upwest Maine

multimedia_smith

Hi and Welcome.
Just Curious... you said the boat is waiting in FLA.  
Did you trailer it to MN for the summer and then trailer it yourself back or did you have it transported.  What type of tow vehicle is needed for the 23?
Dale