Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

1987 CP-19 STILL for sale in Central Illinois*SOLD*

Started by mgg, April 14, 2008, 03:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgg

*SOLD*

Unique CP-19 with wheel instead of tiller bar.  Has lots of teak, all cushions, new lilnes, two anchors, 5 hp honda outboard, two head sails, boat and sail covers, new IdaSailor rudder and more.  Price $5000.  Additional information at http://web.mac.com/mgg/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/4/14_Boat_for_sale.html

Email me at mgg.gardner@gmail.com if interested.

mgg

mgg

*SOLD*
Hi all - the CP-19 is still for sale.  I expect I scared a couple of you away when I mentioned that it got water in the bilge......  I never paid it much attention since I stored dry land - just noticed that sometimes there was water the bilge after a sail.  

I went to the lake today and there was a little, say 1/4 inch in there - I toweled it dry, planning to put the boat in the lake and see where the water was coming from.  I pulled all the stuff out of the port cockpit storage locker and pulled the floor board up so I could check the thru-hulls for depth and knot meters.  Once the boat was in the water, I check and damn - another 1/4 inch right away.  I started looking around and.... hey, why is there sunlight in the back of the locker space??????  The bilge hose had fallen off when I moved the floor and since it looped down and back up - it had water stored in it that spilled when it came off.  The real kick was that the hose was over 1/4 inch TOO LARGE for the thru-hull and only the floor boars where holding it in place.  I had followed the hose with a flashlight - could see the clamp on the end - never occurred to me that someone would leave it dangling like that.  I toweled up all the water, let the boat sit for an hour - nothing - dry.  So the bilge outlet is above water, but with four adults in the cockpit, lots of waves and all, I expect that is where the water was coming in.

I'm setting up a listing on a national boat site - so if you are still interested in this boat, its now or never.
tnx
mgg

Craig Weis

Put her on the trailer and fill the bilge with water and a die.
See where the colored water comes out. Check for leak. skip.

mgg

*SOLD*
Actually I found the "leak".  I pulled up the "floorboard" in the port cockpit seat to look at the depth/knotmeter sending units while I had her in the water.  The plastic hose connected to the bilge outlet fell off - it was much larger than the thru-hull and was only loosely held in place by the weight of the floor board unit.  Not only did it end up dumping some of the pumped water back in the bilge, any time the boat was heeled over to port or sitting still in the waves, water was coming in there....... which explains why sometimes there was more water than others.  
sigh

The boat is still for sale.

http://www.itatillinois.com/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/4/14_Boat_for_sale.html

more picts at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mggardner/

mgg