News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Also Looking For 25 With Tiller/Outboard Bracket - Selling Unmatched 2006 Suncat

Started by jdonaldson, May 16, 2009, 07:23:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdonaldson

My 2006 Suncat with extensive custom work and equipment is on sale now, will go to a brokerage after Memorial Day, I will no longer be able to sell her myself.  I have previously posted my interest in buying a later 23/3, but I am also interested in a more recent 25, but not with wheel steering or the diesel.  The Suncat has a tan hull, new higher-quality washboards, custom designed and built summer cabin (never used), ST-40 Raytheon depthfinder, alcorn pop-up cleats (4) in addition to the original stern cleats, S/S oversighed anchor bollard, new VHF radio, Metz S/S antenna, top quality, multi-angle, multispeed 12V, fan, custom electrical panel, two 24 series hybrid glass-gel batteries, replacement battery switch, custom louvered solid teak bulkhead door to battery compartment/anchor locker, dual solar panel outlets and wiring, 12V outlet for laptop etc., IdaSailor custom foil kick-up rudder, 14 lbs. Quikset anchor with 10 ft. S/S chain and three multi-directional anchor swivels, 3/8" Brait, custom made berth insert to enlarge forward ends of berths, all-LED lighting (overhead and reading lamp), Nicro Fico solar ventilator, custom Burgundy Sunbrella canvas (including tiller cover, bimini, sail cover, full zippered winter cover, Mastendr stub cover), custom Canadian removeable stern ladder, replacement (better quality) outboard bracket, 6 hp Ultra-Long Shaft Nissan 4-stroke, cockpit teak floor (converted by me to fit flush with cockpit seats for sleeping in the cockpit), high-end upholstery, fire extinguisher, screen inserts for ports and forward hatch, Performance trailer with new jack, non-mar front bow roller, new winch strap.  Probably something else I can't remember.

$26,400 + the usual taxes, registration, and delivery fees was put into this boat.  The hull is tan (absolutely stunning!), bottom is red ablative.  There is NO Suncat on the water anywhere like this one.  Sailed a total of maybe 8 times tops.  Completely covered from head to toe ALWAYS either with its winter cover or with a white high-strength poly tarp.  All teak has been treated with several coats of Cetol Light.

For the money I put into this boat, and its impeccable condition, I am pricing it rock bottom.  Not much negotiating room, unless you like the game of starting with an inflated price so the buyer fells triumphant when chewing the seller down to what the seller really wanted in the first place!  I've really grown tired of this as a buyer, so I don't foist it on others when I am a seller.