a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Used picnic cats? Tough to find!

Started by Robustoma, March 16, 2005, 08:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robustoma

Can't find a used one in my area (New England) to save my life.  New is about $12k.  Maybe I should just give up and buy a 16.    :(

bro t

Sorry Robustoma, but I don't know anyone owning or having sailed on a cp16 who feels :(  about it.  Maybe there is more to the picnic cats than meets the eye, but the classic line and roomy cabin of a boat so small as the cp16, is hard to beat!  Plus, the sailing efficiency of a sloop has got to be a ton more interesting.  Besides, a really good condition 16 will run 3-4K, for the return on your money while you wait for a PC to come to market, you will only 'lose' time and gain many fond memeories, for sure!  Don't  :cry: , be  :D !
bro t. from Upwest Maine

Jim Fynes

Hi, Robustoma
I bought my Picnic Cat from Steve Haines, 270 554 8570    email  falcon@vci.net The boat was in Ky and I am in Fl. Steve arrainged transportation at a good price. I love the boat. To the best of my knowledge, he has a  new 2001 Picnic Cat, blue hull, tanbark sails, trailer and other stuff. He was asking 7500. Might be worth a call.