a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

bail for boom/mast size and source?

Started by Shawn, April 03, 2009, 09:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn

Anyone happen to know the size bail for the 23/3 boom and/or mast along with a good source for them? I have a boom vang I want to be able to use on the 23.

Thanks,

Shawn

Craig Weis

Best guess is the smallest sold at West Marine. That is the size I used on my CP-19 and that was too big. I had to cut it down to fit and mount, and I needed to bang it into shape by closing it up a bit and plus use it on an angle for maximum hole use. I riveted it on the STEEL rivets to the boom for a boom vang attachment area. Don't have any on the mast.. If you look at my specifications for Comfort & Joy the boom and mast are list  x long, x wide, oval.  skip.

Tim Gardner

Shawn,

Go to "www.dwyermast.com" and check throught their hardware sectin.  You can call them to get a recommendation. They are the original hardware suppliers for Com-Pac.

rgds, tg
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

SailMML

The boom is 1 3/4".  Not sure on the mast.  You can find a boom bail on www.defender.com.

Shawn

mike gartland

I concur with Defender being a good source.  I purchased a bail from them when I installed a boom vang on my 23 a couple of years ago.  The closest size was just a smidgen too wide but since I ran a bolt clear through the boom to attach the bail I was able to just draw it in tight using the nut and a couple of wrenches.  It has worked fine.

WindRush
Mike23