Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Searching for a Com-Pac 27

Started by Catalina9405, March 11, 2009, 10:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalina9405

Hello All,

My Catalina 22 will be sold in less than two weeks with the sole purpose of moving up to a Com-Pac 27.  I am looking for a 86-90 or newer in the older price range.

If any one has or knows of a good one for sell please drop me a line at catalina9405@kc.rr.com

I would like to find one in the mid west area within a few hundred miles of kansas city.

Thanks,
Chad

LConrad

Might check yacht world.  I see about 5 used 27's out there right now.

kchunk

Quote from: LConrad on March 18, 2009, 09:18:53 PM
Might check yacht world.  I see about 5 used 27's out there right now.

And I'll personally vouch to the 1997 CP27 that's for sale in Daytona Beach. I'm not the seller and have no interest in it selling, but my wife and I have been by to look at her twice so far. We both love the boat. Although it's for sale through a broker, last time we were there the owner happened to be there too. We spent almost 2 hours with him and the boat. He's a great guy and has maintained his boat meticulously.

As far as me making an offer for that boat...I'm not quite sure I want to give up the relative simplicity of my lil 23. I used to own a 27' sailboat and can say firsthand, "bigger boat, bigger headaches". But the standing headroom is soooo nice! I seem to be changing my mind regarding the 27 day by day.

--Greg

http://www.yachtworld.com/boats/1997/Com-pac-27-2-Sloop-1805121/Daytona-Beach/FL/United-States

Craig Weis

AT $34,900 it's a great boat and can be carefully towed over a long and slow trip back north, or it's cheaper then a condo, but the dock fee??? I don't know. There are differences between newer and earlier Com-Pac 27's. Again it's a great boat.
The bigger the boat the less you go sailing. skip.

kchunk

That's a good point Skip. There area few differences between a CP27/1 and CP27/2 I think any prospective buyer should know. The biggest differences being the the 27/2 has a considerable engine upgrade from a Universal 11HP (I think) to an 18 HP Westerbeke (I know).  Also the 27/2 has a barrier coat applied from the factory. Just FYI...

--Greg

Catalina9405

Found and purchased a 1988 in Florida.  It has been somewhat neglected, so I have some projects ahead of me.

Thanks to all who have helped me so far.  I was able to build a trailer that successfully got her back to Kansas City from Florida and have already learned a lot from all of you on this web site.

Regards,
Chad