a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Where do I get parts?

Started by thurop, March 27, 2009, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thurop

I just bought a com-pac 16' and am taking it out this weekend in Ventura, CA.  I am crazily excited...

I was just wondering, where do you guys get parts, like rolling furlers, and lifelines, etc.  I've seen a few posts that mentioned getting them directly from Hutchins, but I can't find anything on their site (besides hats and shirts and crap)...

Also, any other com-pac sailors in Southern Californy?

mrb

Welcome Aboard thurop

Try going back to Com-Pac site the go into request information and ask if they have a parts list for your boat.  They used to have them, hope they still do.

Happy sailing

thurop

Thanks friend!  I emailed 'em!

kchunk

You may want to just try calling Hutchins. I'm yet to get an email reply from them, but if you call, they put you straight through to either Rich or Gerry. At least they do when I call.  ;)

Craig Weis

Hutchins. Make the call. Don't call it crap. Call it marketing...realizing that there is nothing wrong with the word 'profit'.
That's how you and I and the government get paid. Though the government steals it and gives it to someone else or themself. The government will not let you keep your earnings. If the government let you keep your earnings then nobody would need a stimulus bail-out. And what's wrong with the AIG bonus's? It was less then 0.9% of all the $ given AIG. That money will be spent either buying something or going into a bank. So each one of those guys is their own 'ear mark'. And it was a contract known about for a year +.  With the Feds running the banks it's like asking Betty Crocker to build cars. Which by the way the capacity to build is three times the demand to purchase. So who folds?. Anyway.

Find a West Marine catalog. They are based in Calf. And many of the componets on the hulls are found here.
Goggle Dwyer for the aluminium mast and boom componets. And some rigging.

Goggle Garhauer Marine for ancillary items like boom vangs, and a better main sheet block. Deck organizers.

I try to purchase from Hutchins as they want the sales. Ask for the parts item list for the hull you have. I have the complete lists for all boats except the 30 footers, as I'd like to own one however the old saying keeps popping up in the back of my mind, "The bigger the boat, the less you go sailing."

The only 30 footer I'd really love to own is a Nonsuch cat boat, made by Hinterhoeller as this is a truly one man boat. They are high $'s but worth it in this sailor's opinion.  Sorry about crabbing above. You can call it crap if you want to.
skip.

thurop

Craig Weis

Thurop, Were welcome. Well that information ought to get all the O'creative juices going as a past sailor.
A CP-16 is a mighty fine boat and I think those owning one and using one grow to think of this boat as a fine example of a great day sailor.  A goody sized cockpit, some place to hide from liquid sunshine and to sleep and snack on. All so to do your business on and that is usually important if the captain likes to stay 'out to sea'.
I'm not actually a salt water fan. But sailing the bay of Green Bay and the cut leading to Lake Michigan are some of the primo fresh water sailing waters in the world. Check out the links below in blue.
Past post has you staying away from sailing for a few years but the bug bites again and here that Juggernaut pulling toward the sea strikes again. Were all so lucky. skip.

romei

I have a copy of the parts list on my site and posted it a while ago in another thread.  Here it is again.

http://cpyoa.geekworkshosting.com/forum/index.php?topic=2223.msg11933#msg11933

Blog Site: http://www.ronmeinsler.com/cantina

"Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit."
-Brooks Atkinson

thurop

WHOAH AWESOME!!!  THANKS SO MUCH!