News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

shipping-hauling-trailer long distance?!

Started by rudy, April 01, 2009, 11:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudy

Hello out there,
anyone knows how much long distance hauling/shipping cost!
there is a com-pac 23/3 i might be interested in, only problem is, that
she's 1100 miles away from where i want her to be.
madison, wi - tallahassee, fl. i don't have a proper towing vehicle. i'm aware
about u-haul one-way rental trucks, but i live in new york. the boat is going to
be parked in florida, west coast(if i'll ever get one) etc. etc. any ideas, estimates $ ?
also, i heard about several rip offs from shipping/contracting so called ,"companies"!
thanks,
rudy

i know,i know. i've been looking and lurking for over 2 years now...

kchunk

Wow...New York - Wisconsin - Florida. That's quite a love triangle  :)

Do you have your heart set on the one in Wisconsin? I might...just might know of a certain sister ship that is not on the market yet. And if so, delivery and set-up in Tallahassee is a definite possibility.

I don't mean to be so ambiguous, but I have a '91 Com-Pac 23/3 and I've had my eye on a CP27. Of course, buying the 27 would mean letting my 23 go. Honestly, that's where my struggle is. I love that little boat! Read through some of my posts, you can read all about my 23 and see a few pictures too. If you think you might want to talk to me about it, drop me an email: gjferg@iname.com.

I have loads of pictures I can send you. If you're going to be in the Daytona Beach area any time soon, we can go out for a sea trial ... in the sea.

It's weird, sometimes things fall in place like they were meant to be. Hmmm...

--Greg

Scott Statz

Hello Rudy

I may be interested in hauling this 23 for you.  I live in Madison and have a 1980 Com-Pac 23.  We may be able to work something out.  I could deliver and rig the boat in exchange for expenses and use of the boat for a couple days.  I have been looking for an excuse to see the back-to-back Space Shuttle Launches scheduled for May 12 and May 15.  I saw a listing on the boat, it looks well equipped. If we did work something out, I would not be able to act as a go between on the sale because of conflict of interest.  However, if it does not work out, I would be happy to look the boat over for you.

Leave a post here if you choose to move ahead and I'll forward my contact info.