Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Midwest ComPac 27 owners

Started by Catalina9405, July 27, 2008, 12:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalina9405

Hello All,

I am becoming seriously interestred in moving up to a ComPac 27 in the next year.  I currently sail a Catalina 22 and have been sailing for about 11 years.  I am located in the Kansas City area and it is likely I will have to travel some distance to purchase a 27.  I have not sailed one and would really like to spend a few hours on one before taking such a big step into a boat I have never sailed.

So... I am curious if there are any owner here in the midwest who would be willing to let me jump on board with them for a few hours and take one for a spin.

Please feel free to email me at catalina9405@kc.rr.com.

Thanks,
Chad

jimyoung

Chad,

If you can make it down to South Florida, I'm always looking fro an excuse to take Miss B. out.

Jim

tjakey

Chad, I sent you an email as well, but in case it got lost somewhere;  Deb and I just bought a 1986 Com-Pac 27 about 2 months ago, it is in lake Carlyle in IL, and if you are interested and we can work it out you are more then welcome to visit us and take a look at it.  Also, if you are interested, here is our blog on learning to sail and buying the boat...

http://theretirementproject.blogspot.com/

Tim

Catalina9405

Jim and Tim,

Thanks for your reply. 

Tim,
I will contact you by email as you are about 4 hours away.

Jim,
If I happen to make it to Florida I will get a hold of you ahead of time.  No plans yet, but the wife thought it may be a good excuse for a fall weekend get away.

Chad