a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Maiden voyage - anyone got a manual?

Started by mgg, July 19, 2005, 03:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgg

I finally got my 19 in the water for a quick shakedown sunday.  Don't have a clue how the previous owner got it in the water without a hitch extension.  Adding one and fixing all the little things wrong with the boat took me a couple of weekends.  We only had a couple of hours and it was opressively hot so we only spent an hour or so out in the 10 mph winds.  It was nice though and we managed to figure out how to get around.  We managed 5 knots and I'm quite sure didn't have everything adjusted right.  Since my other boat is an 11ft  snark sunfish - this was quite a step up.

Just for completeness - does anyone have the owners manual for an '87ish CP-19 or know where there is a copy on the web?  I've got the brochure and stats, I just like a copy of the manual too.

tnx
mgg

mgoller

Congratulations on your shakedown cruise and making it back.  A suggestion for hot days, always dunk yourself thoroughly clothes and all in the lake or bay prior to sailing.  Any breeze feels good and you wont get hot.

'Manual?  We don't have a manual, we don't need no stinking manual!'  

Is there one?  Robert Burgess's book on Trailer Sailing is all I have heard of.  You can get a copy from ComPac in their accessories section of the website.  It covers everyhting Com-Pac including lots on the 16 and 19.  How to rig, what to expect, handling tuning etc...

And then there is always your fellow 19 er's out here.  If you made it out and back you can probably discover the rest.