a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

BARNEGAT BAY BASH '08

Started by Bob23, July 20, 2008, 09:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterg

I should be around this weekend and I'll head over to Tices around noon on Saturday with the "Beagle", my Compac 19. Where is everyone anchoring? The whole place is a zoo anymore on weekends with the fuel crunch and the area near the deck and walkway to the beach is particularly crowded. A little bit south of the main herd might be good- any feedback on this? Thanks.     Peter G from Forked River
Errabundi Saepe, Semper Certi
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-27 Afternoon Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)
Ranger Tug "SisterShip" (sold)
Simmons Sea Skiff 1951 "Rebecca Ann"
Herreshoff America  (the original Horizon!)   (sold)
Arch Davis Wooden Gaff Rigged Dinghy
Windrider 16   2015 (sold)

Bob23

Peter:
   A little south of the herd is exactly where we go. I don't have the lat/lon handy but you'll see my 23 "Koinonia" and Kev's Seaward 22 "Panacea" as well as a Morgan 30, possibly. We might be rafted up or anchored close together. Sometimes I fly a white anchoring sail...look forward to seeing you there.
   Bob23, ready to sail!

K3v1n

Hi Pete,
The more the merry they say!

We have been anchoring a little bit further south from the dock as Bob has stated.
There is a bucket on a pole that marks another trail leading up to the beach.
We should be there or more towards the south. The power boaters will fill
up right in front of the dock and start working their way south as well.

Look for the Seaward with a blue boom tent.

-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

Peter, Kev,...and anyone else:

39 degrees, 49.646 north lat.
074 degrees, 05.747 west lon.

Bob23, the late night navigator!

Steve

Bob and Kevin,
Well it looks like I wont be able to overnight. I have some people coming to look at my 23 on sunday (and Monday&Tuesday). I might try to sail up for the day.

Bob- I'll call you on 16.

As for the IP27, I should have her in the water within 2 weeks. She's a beautiful center board version so I wont be giving up any of my normal sailing grounds. I just wished I'd acted sooner so I could have sailed her to the bash.

Steve
"Better Days"

Bob23

Steve:
   Maybe before you complete the 23's sale, can I come over to check it out? I'm not interested in buying...just want to see what you've done to it so I can incorporate some ideas into mine. May I call you on your work phone?
   Stay tuned for K3vin's complete coverage of the Bash! Had a great time
albeit an abbreviated one. At a 3 1/2' draft, your IP27 will fit right in! Who knows...could there be a Bash '08, second edition?..maybe.
   Bob23, countin' the days

K3v1n

* * * * * BARNEGAT BAY BASH '08  REPORT * * * * *

Had a great time and made it back before the 'Big Storms' hit!

Attending boats:

Com-Pac 23 and 19 as well as a Morgan 30 and Seaward 22.
The Morgan is the one off in the distance moored in deeper water.

More pic's to follow.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

K3v1n

Hoy!

Look for pictures down in the Articles section.

:)
-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

Steve

Quote from: Bob23 on August 10, 2008, 08:07:25 PM
Steve:
   Maybe before you complete the 23's sale, can I come over to check it out? I'm not interested in buying...just want to see what you've done to it so I can incorporate some ideas into mine. May I call you on your work phone?
   Stay tuned for K3vin's complete coverage of the Bash! Had a great time
albeit an abbreviated one. At a 3 1/2' draft, your IP27 will fit right in! Who knows...could there be a Bash '08, second edition?..maybe.
   Bob23, countin' the days

Bob - you can call me on my work phone. The boat has been sold to a great couple from Cape Cod. I'm planning to haul the boat out on Sunday 8/24 around 1pm (high tide) at the Ship Bottom ramp. That ought to be fun. Come by and watch the festivities!

Just an update on my new IP27. Edelweiss will be on her way this week and tasting her first bit of salt by Friday. She's a centerboard version drawing 2'8" so I'll be able to sail it like my Compac. She spend her first 20 years on Lake Erie with her original owner(s). Warren and Leslie maintained the boat so well it still looks brand new.

I'll throw a few photos in my album...

Bob23

Steve:
   Thanks for the reply...I didn't check the site till Sunday afternoon so I missed the haul out...hope all went well.
   I'll give you a call if it's ok...like to see the IP.
   Bob23, on the hard in ''Hawkin!

peterg

Hey Bob23,
   You mentioned the possibility of another Barnegat Bash for '08- how about an Autumn '08 Get-Together at Berkeley Island Park in Bayville sometime in the next month or so?  Any takers? All boats welcome and it's a great place to anchor with the normal Barnegat southerly breeze. Picnic area, swimming, bathrooms. Windy Cove around the corner in Cedar Creek is good if the wind takes a turn to the NE. We are ready for an overnighter on the Beagle. We used to spend weekends on Athena, our first C19 up on Round Valley Res. in Hunterdon Cty. back in the '90s. We sold our Pacific Seacraft Orion "Green In Between" last year after ten years of great cruising to the Chesapeake and New England, and we haven't spent a night on the water since last year. We'd be glad to meet some more Compac and other boaters at Berkeley, or even at Tices again, as many of the pre-Labor Day boaters will be hauling out and leaving the Bay more open.
Peter G
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)

Bob23

Peter and Becky:
   Sounds great. I know Kev and Dennis would be up for this. I would too except my "Koinonia" sits on her trailer with her winter pj's on. I go in for a right rotator cuff surgery on 9/11 so I decided to haul out early. It takes a bit of time to put her to bed correctly so she was hauled 2 weeks ago today.
   I was thinking about you both last week. We had a great time meeting you at Tice's. It was a great time. I love going over there because time sorta stands still. It truly is relaxing.
   On my last sail before haul-out, I went over on a whim, had some lunch and then sailed to Long Key Marina to begin the decommisioning ritual.
   Talk to you soon,
   Bob23 on the hard but still Sunfishing it!

peterg

Hi Bob,
  Hope that rotator cuff surgery goes real well and you can get out on that Sunfish soon afterwards. Fall and winter sailing is great. The air is denser and faster. Concerning the Autumn Bash, maybe we can all get together for a picnic in Forked River at my house- you can sail the land yacht over and I'm sure we can get at least 4-5 boats rafted up to my dock with the Beagle. Afterwards, the boats could sail across the Bay to Tices for overnight. Have to talk to better half to see what dates work, but would like to hear if anyone would be interested in participating in such a land shark/Tices combo. Kev, Dennis, Steve, Bob and all others........any interest? Bob, of course, would have to hoist the beer with his left hand!
Peter G and Becky
CP-16 Beagle 4 (sold)
CP-19 Athena (sold)
CP-19 Beagle (sold)
CP-23 Beagle 3  (sold)

Bob23

P&B:
   Love to! I have become quite proficient at doing many things with one hand. In 2006, I had my left rotator cuff repaired and was able to drive, drink coffee, talk on the phone, put in cd's and, if need be, flip the bird to deserving drivers...all with one hand! What talent. Needless to say, being left-handed, I can certainly hoist a beer or two! As they say, desperate times call for desperate measures!
   I expect to feel like poop for a week or two...that's what happened last time. But after that, I'm game. Might be a great farewell summer '08 party.
   Bob23, on the hard and countin' down the days.
(ps) Just kidding about  flipping the bird.)