a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

In the water!

Started by tmorgan, March 30, 2008, 07:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmorgan

Planned to spend Spring Break mainly working on SunShower and her trailer getting ready for the season.  But the weather in Virginia was fantastic and I was able to spend four days sailing on Smith Mountain Lake with temperatures in the 60-70s and steady winds 10-15 mph.  Simply could not have asked for better sailing days.  I still have a few maintenance items to do but when the weather is nice, sailing trumps maintenance!

BTW, yeaterday the temperature dropped 30 degrees and there was snow on the cars this morning!  :-)

patch

still ice fishing and skating on my lake.us sailors up here would welcome a little global warming.got 4 inches of snow friday.

Tim Gardner

Tom,

I also was out -  on the upper roanoke arm of SML.  I have neglected a few things over the winter - still trying to finish up the topsides brightwork on my 19.  BUT the SW winds were impossible to ignore.  Had ice at my house on Sunday AM.

TG
Never Be Afraid to Try Something New, Remember Amateurs Built the Ark.  Professionals Built the Titanic (update) and the Titan Submersible.

roland cobine

if it would ever stop storming here in southern illinois i would hit the water. strong storms coming today and tonight so i guess ill continue to wait. glad you had good sailing.

tmorgan

Tim,
  Good to see other folks were out enjoying the lake.  I saw about four other sailboats down by Bernard's Landing.  I sailed over to Pelican Point and this weekend was the first one for BYRA races.  I hope only on Saturday!

patch

lakes up here are still iced in,waiting for my Ida rudder,received my bushings yesterday

patch

ready to start sailing,next sat the yacht club opens.spend the day putting the docks in the water.set up the moorings,then the boats go in the water.have my ida rudder,hope it sails as good as it looks.