a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Looking for a new sail referral.

Started by Scott Statz, March 12, 2008, 03:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Statz

We have a 1980 CP-23.  She desperately needs a new main.  We have an assortment of head sails but my wife would like a colored head sail.  Possibly one with a custom design.   Any referrals or recommendations?

Any thoughts on changing configuration, rigging, rake, mast mods... before I pull the trigger?  I am going to add the bowsprit in April.  I won't be using a furler. 

I am going to add another post for advice on adding rigging for a spinnaker.

Watch for photos of my bottom job.  No paint - its a sticker!

MSS

Bob23

MSS
   A friend had a new main made for his 1971 Morgan 30 by Sailcare...he was quite happy. They laundered my main and jib 2 years ago and did a great job.
  Where are you located? Here in NJ, we have a number if reputable sail lofts- Eggers, Linthicum, Moorehouse.
  Bob23 out

Gil Weiss

Linthicum knows what they are doing and makes great sails! Been using Brad and his crew for years. Great to deal with too.

Gil

dawntreader

Grinder,

Within the last two years I have replaced both my main & jib.  I used Porpoise Sails and have been well pleased.

They have good prices, good workmanship, and a good turn around time.  They are great to work with.  I was in a time bind for the main, having a major trip planned when mine blew out, and they sent me a loaner (no charge) to use until I got mine. 
I recommended them to a friend with a larger boat.  They miscut his new main, and told him to use it until they got the new one finished, again, no charge.

http://www.porpoisesailing.com/

Good luck (and have the second reef put in)

mike

DOUG142

Ours is only a CP 16 yet FX sails are great, good prices, fast.  www.fxsails.com I do believe.
We bought a new main and jib last June and very pleased with them.

Doug and Linda
Summer Escape, CP 16
CP-16 SUMMER ESCAPE, YEAR 1983(SOLD), 1975 SCORPION (fOR sALE), 1983 COM-PAC 19 SWEET DREAMS
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac156/DOUGN6885/SWEET%20DREAMS%20%20COMPAC%2019/

Craig Weis

SailEast in Illinois, close to Hinsdale I think or Carol Stream. Made in Hong Cong good fast delivery.

Or Dorsal in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, Charley Klein. skip.