News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Adding a picture to 'My Profile" error message.

Started by rchiare1, March 17, 2008, 10:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rchiare1

I receive the following message when I try to add a picture (jpg) to my profile. Is there a limit in size or format that I should be aware of?
Error Message:
"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

I have tried taking a picture from my PCs hard drive and also from myspace and even "Webshots"
same error. I assume I'm doing something wrong?
ANy suggestions?

Bob

Craig Weis

I get about the same thing. As I posted above. skip.

curtisv

Quote from: rchiare1 on March 17, 2008, 10:22:39 AM
I receive the following message when I try to add a picture (jpg) to my profile. Is there a limit in size or format that I should be aware of?
Error Message:
"The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

I have tried taking a picture from my PCs hard drive and also from myspace and even "Webshots"
same error. I assume I'm doing something wrong?
ANy suggestions?

Bob

myspace requires a password.  I'm not sure about webshots but it probably does.  You need a picture that is on the web and available for the world to see without any special authentication so the CPYOA web service and go fetch it.

The easiest way might be to put it on the photo gallery and from there put the URL into the dialog box in the profile thingie to get the picture up.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access

K3v1n

Need to get a free account at Photobucket.com.
Works great and I use it for all my online photo's.

Once your pic is uploaded there just copy and paste the direct link between the image code and presto! ....There she is.

And you can do the same for your profile picture. Just paste the link in the box provided.
If you want the pic for an avatar then you'll have to size it down a bit.

Give it a try.
-Kevin
1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

rchiare1

Kevin,
Can you provide just a bit more guidance?
I've created a 'photobucket' account  and uploaded a couple of pics into an album.
I've opend my profile on this site but I don't see on photo bucket an option to copy the picture to paste into the profile. I'm probablystareing right at it but, it is escaping me.
Thanks.

UPDATE:  OOOPs Nevermind. Under the photo is a small box that says "direct link" rolling over it copies it and then you past it into the the forum progfile. You were right, it was easy.
Thanks
Bob