News:

Howdy, Com-Pac'ers!
Hope you'll find the Forum to be both a good resource and
a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Any new ideas or comment on new rigging for spinnaker?

Started by Scott Statz, March 12, 2008, 03:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Statz

I have searched the archives here and found some interesting posts and photos for spinnakers.  I am going to rig up something come April.  If anyone has any additional comments, photos or input, I'd like to hear form you.

I already have the asymmetrical spinnaker.

MSS

Craig Weis

I fly my asymmetrical star-cut spinnaker from SailEast [comes with a shoot bag] from the forward facing loop at the top of the masthead on my Com-Pac 19.
A small simple Harken pulley with an with a Q/D on one end of the line that is tied-off at the base of the mast when not holding the spinnaker and bag up...this halyard goes up the front of the mast, through the forward facing pulley, back down to a turning block mounted atop the cabin to a deck line organizer and to a rope clutch at the back of the cabin. Just the same set-up as the halyards for the head and main sail except on the other side of the cabin.
As for sail control the tack is clipped to the bow pulpit with one of two clips afixed on the bow pulpit.  I use two clips so I can't loose the sail when changing tacks. The one not used anymore does not get un-clipped till the one I want to use is clipped. And the port/starboard sheets go on the outside of everything and cleat-off on either of the stern cleats adjacent the tiller. These sheets are very long and color coded so I don't mix them up when I pull the spinnaker out of the storage bag. This works well, one may see some details in my photos in 'skips album' and in Frappr from the home page. I use my tiller rod and socket to hold course when I'm up front as I usually sail alone. Someday the weather is going to get me. But I did run the bag shoot control back to the cockpit so it is possible to mostly lower and calapse the spinnaker before I go forward if I want to. skip.