Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Barnegat Bay Bash '08

Started by K3v1n, August 13, 2008, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K3v1n

Barnegat Bay Bash '08

We had four boats attend this years function. Bob and his Com-Pac 23(Koinonia), Dennis in his Morgan 30(Cacique). Newcomers Peter and Becky in their Com-Pac 19(Beagle) as well as I and my crew in a Seaward 22(Panacea).

We pulled Bob's boat along side and had everyone over for dinner and a great time was had by all. Peter and Becky headed home as the rest of us prepared for sunset. Robin took the honors of blowing the conch horn as the sun slipped below the horizon.

As for me, I anchored a bit too close to a sandbar and as the wind switched I worried about sticking the keel into the bottom all night. Sunday morning we all pulled anchor and headed off for home by 9am. Which turned out to be perfect timing to get home before the hail storm hit.

That's a dime on the table to show the size comparison. This was the largest hail I've ever seen! It pretty much rained the rest of the day causing much flooding for those on their way home after a weekend at the Jersey Shore.

Fairwinds!

-Kevin

1981 Com-Pac 16 MK I

www.emptynestsailing.com
Panacea SailBlog

JERSEY SHORE TRAILER SAILERS

Bob23

K3vin:
  Great coverage and photos of one of this years premier sailing events. The UFO even got in one of the pictures! The summers not over yeat, mateys!
   Bob23, gettin' ready for haulout on 8/19
  (ps. Any chance of getting a copy of the shot of Dennis' boat at sunset? He'd love it.)

Paul

Great photos!  Sounds like a good time was had by all.  Glad you weren't caught out in the storm.