a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

port for front of cabin

Started by roland cobine, February 14, 2008, 09:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roland cobine

has anyone installed a port on the front of the cabin? i was thinking about a rectangular one with a screen. would that compromise strength?

NormD

Although I haven't done this, it sounds doable.

I can suggest a reliable source for a truly informed answer.
Kieth at the Sailboat Company in North Carolina has a great informative website. He has done many Compac mods, including converting a 16 to a mini trawler.

He offers a free question and answer service for inquiries such as yours.

http://www.ipass.net/sailboat/

Bob23

Ro:
   I thought about installing another 6" bronze Perko in the front of my 23's cabin to match the original ones. I like the way a round port looks in the front. Seems to be a classic catboat detail around these parts. (Southern NJ.)
   In reality, though, I'll pass on the idea. I've got way too many plans already- the last thing I need is to add another item to a list of things I won't get done by launch time. 
Bob23

rchiare1

I've been considering doing the same thing (adding a port to the front of the cabin) for my CP16.
I really like the look of the bronze 4" opening port that I believe is standard on the CP19.
AM I correct? Did the CP19 have a 4' Bronze port that opened?
I don't think that it would be that effective but I love the look of it. In fact, once I put in one in the front I know it would lead to replacing the ports on the sides.
Has anyone done this and more importantly, any suggestions as to a source ?
Are they available thru Compac?

Bob

NormD

The port for the 19 is available from Com-Pac for $133. Make sure to order the gasket as well. It's $10.

There's also the fixed port used on forward part of the cabin on the Suncat. It should be less expensive.

If you go to the Com-Pac website http://www.com-pacyachts.com and click on
"Request Information" they will email you a list of available parts for any of the Com-Pac line.