a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP23 Anchor/Chain ?

Started by bob lamb, June 05, 2007, 08:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob lamb

What kind of anchor setup are ya'll using on your little ships?  I have a Bruce (20# I think) and 6' chain with 200 rode.

Bob

rmonsma

Hi Bob,

I have a CQR (plough) anchor on my 23-3.  I think it's 20 lbs but I'm not sure.  The anchor was on my boat when I purchased it.  I have 8 feet of chain and 200 feet of rode.  I also carry a second small mushroom anchor to keep from swinging while at anchor.

Roger

Craig Weis

On the smaller lighter C-P 19 I use a 8 lb [?] danforth with about 8 foot coated chain on deck and 150 foot of three strand nylon.

I do tie the end of the line to the mast compression post and feed the line 'tween the vee berth and up throught the 'chain locker', and coiled below the chain pipe and out the deck to the chain. Works well and if the anchor lets go I'll not loose all over the bow.  LOL. skip.

breeze

On Breeze I use,
Primary, 16.5 Bruce Style Claw 100 ft 1/4 chain.
Lunch, 4 lb Super Hooker 6 ft 1/4 chain and 50 ft 1/4 line.
Back Up, 12 lb Danforth Hi-Tensile 20 ft 1/4 chain 100 ft 3/8 line.
David

edbuchanan

Molly has the following ground tackle:

On the bow sprit: One 12# Danforth Hi Tensile II, 24 feet of 1/4" chain, 150 feet of 3/8 nylon.
Stowed: One 11# Bruce, 24 feet of 5/16" chain, 200 feet of 7/16" nylon.
Also stowed: One 4# Fortress and some chafing gear.  The dinghy has a folding grapnel and 50 feet of rode.

Ernie of Molly (23/II 1984)

curtisv

very late post but on topic.

Overkill -

• On the bow - 27 lb kingsford plow, 2 sections of 40' chain, one 3/8 for weight, one 5/16 HT, plus 300' 1/2 nylon.
  • spare anchor - 15 lb danforth, 6' 5/16 chain, 150' nylon - lunch hook

Then again, I have no worries anchoring in 50' of water.

Curtis
----------------------------------
Remote Access  CP23/3 #629
Orleans (Cape Cod) MA
http://localweb.occnc.com/remote-access