a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

Iowa sailer

Started by Roger Schwake, October 12, 2004, 09:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Schwake

As far as I know I'm the only CP 27 out here in Iowa. It's a 1989 model and I've owned it for 3 years now. We sail her on Lake Red  Rock here in Iowa. about a 2 hour drive from our home in Evansdale. She is a great day sailer for this area because the water is shallow and it gets rough in a hurry here. The cabin is large enough to cook and spend long weekends on board. Have enjoyed the boat the last 3 year with no problems. Would be glad to hear from other CP owners. I'd rather be lost on the lake than found at home.

CaptK

Welcome aboard, Roger!

Quote from: Roger SchwakeI'd rather be lost on the lake than found at home.

LOL, me too! :mrgreen:

Looking forward to hearing about your 27. It's one of the models that I don't seem to hear much about.
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

wmswart

Roger ... welcome aboard.  We live in Sioux Falls and trailered our 16 down past Red Rock to Rathbun this past summer.  We're likely to make a similar trip next summer, so maybe we could meet you there.  We skipped Red Rock becuase it was the weekend of the Knoxville races and we were worried it would be very busy.  Rathbun was pretty dead - we were one of maybe 4 sailboats on the entire lake.

I've heard good things about Red Rock lake - big, clean, and in a pretty setting.  What marina are you slipped at?  How did you find a cp-27 in Iowa?

Best,

Bill

Roger Schwake

Sorry it takes me so long to return a message. I was looking for a traditional boat and the CP 27 fit my needs better than any other I looked at. Two boats were for sale in the midwest but out of my price range. I found my 1989 in New Oleans on the internet at a price that fit in my budget. Have never be happier with any boat I have owned. If your thinking about coming back to Iowa please let me know, I'd be glad to show you around.

spaul

Hello Roger and welcome to this forum. It's full of extremely nice and knowledgeable folks.
I too have a cp27/2 and keep it here in Indiana. Bought it and hauled it back from Boston. I agree it's nearly the perfect boat in it's class. Just wish we lived where we could take more advantage of her greatness.
Perhaps we can share successes and problems from time to time.
Regards,
Steve Paul
cp 27/2
Nashville, IN
"IM PAUL SIVE"