Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

CP16 Trailer problem

Started by tim_k, August 10, 2004, 07:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim_k

Hello,

I recently bought a cp16 - love the boat. Hate the trailer! Some of the bunk hardware was rusted thru. I've been looking around online (and at Boat US) but can't find anything remotely resembling the mounting hardware used on this "Big Hutch" trailer. Anyone know where I can find this type of mounting, or should I figure out something else??
Page with picture of hardware

Gil Weiss

Since Hutchins sold most of these trailiers have you contacted them about parts? ComPac is very good with boat parts support. I believe their contact info is located at "www.compacyachts.com". They may be able to help or point you in the right direction.

CaptK

Close, Gil, but no cee-gar! ;)

Its //www.com-pacyachts.com

I just had to type it a bunch this past week. :)

Kurt
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

tim_k

Thanks! I'll try calling them in Florida today. Actually, maybe I'll wait until Monday.  Sounds like everyone in Florida has been asked to evacuate!

mgoller

Hi Tim,
Chances of finding that hardware on line somewhere is nil.  Com-Pac is great at getting parts, I am amazed at what they will do happily.  Woody is great!
What I would do is remove the offending parts and take them to a sheet metal shop.  They can easily duplicate the hardware or improve upon it.
If the structure of the trailer is that rusty you might want to have the beams reinforced somehow.  Those trailers were not overbuilt.

mikemak

Hi Tim - Any luck with those parts?  I would be interested in replacing mine too.  If I have to go the custom fabrication route, I will make extras and offer them to others who most likely will require them in the future.  But, of course, I am always lookin for the path of least resistance......must be a sailing thing!!!

Regards,

Mike