a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

WTB CP16/3/XL or CP16CB

Started by Les Hall, May 24, 2007, 11:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les Hall

Looking for CP16/3/XL (1992-2002) or a CP16CB (1996-2002) in good shape, ready to sail. Live in Texas, willing to travel a bit for a good boat.

I can't make up my mind which of these boats would be better, the 3/XL is simpler but the CP16CB will probably point higher (with something else to go wrong, too!). Easiest solution is look for both and see what happens.

Les

Kay Robinson

I have a Com-Pac 16 on Cedar Creek Lake in East Texas; however, it was built in 1983. If you are interested, I can send pictures and more information.

Kay Robinson

Les

Thanks for the offer, Kay. If I hear of anyone looking for a 1983 boat I will pass along your info. I have my sights set on a 3/XL or CP16CB.

Les

David Serrell

I have a 1990 16/3 in excellent condition with 3.5 Tahotsu and trailer.  The boat is a 9.5 on a scale of 10!  I'm the second owner.  I have a 1989 16/3 too!  It's in a 9.0 condition, but it's not for sale!

David Serrell
Coats, NC
910-892-2923

Les

Thanks, David - I appreciate the offer, but the model changed a bit from 1992 up and I will hold out until I find one. Watch me kick myself in the pants for not grabbing the first clean boat and getting out on the water! This is my first boat, so I will shoot for the moon.

Les

Paul

Hey David:

Mine's a 1989 16/3 as well.  Have you registered either of them on this site?  According to the serial #, mine was built in Aug of 89.  Soon enough, mine will be in at least "9" condition.

Enjoy,

Paul

idouglas

Les:

What were the changes from 1992 forward?  My is a 1994 CP16/3/XL and I wonder what they looked like in earlier models.  Thanks

idouglas

Les

As you know, there is no definitive source for model info, but it looks like the 1992 and up 3/XL & CP16CB models came with an anchor roller, stainless bowsprit with teak insert, pulpit, traveler, adjustable motor bracket, electrical package of lights, color coordinated headliner, stainless track w/adjustable cams & fairleads for the jib, (CP16CB also had a centerboard). There were options such as a stern rail/stanchions/lifelines, ladder, some other minor goodies. I pieced the info together from owners and I hope it is right.

idouglas

Thanks Les:

Sounds like my 1994, CP16/3/XL.  I even have the goodies like life lines, ladder, and forward plexiglass hatch.  Hate to tell you what I paid for it.  The previous owner was suspicious of the water in her after heavy rains.  Some sealing of all the deck fittings, scuppers, and deck/hull seam did the trick.

idouglas

Les

idouglas, what color is your hull & deck? If you get tired of her, let me know.

Les

idouglas

Hi Les:

She has a white hull with light tan non-skid deck.  I'll take some pictures and post them in a week or so.  I'm afraid she is not for sale, sorry.

idouglas