a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

5 year hull & machinery, well it time.

Started by dreamchaser, September 27, 2004, 11:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreamchaser

I've had a five year absence from sailing, when I encontered some severe health problems. I now find myself holding up better than could be expected. Since my first post a couple of weeks ago, I have undergone repair of an adominal arotic anuerisom. So after a week of R&R and some soul searching, I have decided to refurbish the boat. She floats peacifully
behind our home , we are blessed to live on a canal.
  She hasn't been to sea in five years, just resting at the dock, in the hot south Texas sun. First we rigged her down, removed the aluminum pulpit,
and all the teak except the eye brows, they will be refinished on the boat.
sanded the teak and applied the first coat of varnish, with many more to go. I had some great help with the deck cleaning, bleached and ready to sand. The Gel coat is faded but in good repair. After sanding and primer,
she will receive  a couple of coats of Interlux Bright side in a color close to original as posible. The Sails are tan bark and have been stored in a controlled enviorment, and in great shape. Before I stoped sailing, I ordered a stainless pulpit and push pit. They will come out of storage soon.
  We will haulout in about two weeks, paint the hull and a new bottom job.
I'm still weighing the issue of a diesel, Gerry at ComPac quoated me about $1500.00 for everything except the engine, a Yanmar would be $4,440.00. about $6000 and I do all the work. Intrinsic value as opposed to extrinsic I guess. I've owened the old girl since she was new. Seems like yesterday I picked her up in Clearwater. Progress pictures & notes will follow.

GET HER DONE

Don Perry, the Dreamchaser

spaul

We're glad your on the mend Don. Keep us posted on the refit.
Steve
cp27