a place to make sailing friends.
Jump on in and have fun, folks! :)
- CaptK, Crewdog Barque, and your friendly CPYOA Moderators

Main Menu

If you're looking for a C-19

Started by Jobst, August 01, 2004, 03:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jobst

My old boat - Solar Wind - a 1990 Com-Pac 19 appears to be back on the market again.  The story is that the owner never used it much so has listed it with www.stlouissailing.com at $8,500 asking.  This boat is way too heavy for what I want now with my limited towing power - otherwise, I'd make an offer.

I've seen it - and it appears to be in reasonable shape from the outside.  

The trailer is original - looks like it has developed some weak spots in a stiffner plate and should be re-welded at the corners

The rudder is original and should be replaced with the new foil type - that was just not available when I owned her

The bottom paint needs to be re-done - but that is expected - it appears to not have been touched since I did it in 1998.

There may be some small blisters - it's hard to tell without doing some scratching on the hull.

I have no financial interest ... - your milage may differ etc - if you're interested - contact St Louis Sailing - don't ask me - that's really all I can tell you.

CaptK

Jobst -

Would you put up a post about your LED lights and website here (in a separate topic - so I can make it a sticky)? I mentioned it on the Yahoo group today, and so would like to make it easy for folks to see what you've done.

Thanks!

Kurt
My other car is a sailboat.

sailFar.net
Small boats, Long distances...

mquigley

Frenchie is getting LEDs when I re-do her electrical system this winter. I'd definitely appreciate any information from anyone who has been there...